Friday, November 27, 2009

Tinsel, Tantrums and a Tall Tree Trauma



Yes dear reader look at that heading and only the end of November.
The horror my friends of the annual Christmas decorating.The mess that i once again liken to Christmas spew.The boxes the bags the tinsel EVERYWHERE.I so love Christmas and i love to make the house look magic BUT....
I am sometimes wont to complain oh why cant i be normal.You know a normal person with one tree in the corner and cards on the blinds,happy to buy my Christmas cards in the bargain shop and not make them all.My craft room looks like Christmas central ( well it is in this house.) But did i have to pick the hottest days in 30 years to do all this ! Ahh tis true i am my own worst enemy.The tree oh the tree that's where the tantrums and the terrible bit comes in.I bought a tree off ebay factory direct in February (which of course one does) when i couldn't sleep as i had such terrible asthma.Bargain $19 7 feet tall.Its huge its bulky it takes up heaps of space and i have always wanted a huge tree. So why do i hate it,why do i know after Xmas it shall be going to my dear sisters house.I shall stick with my tall thin tree next year,By the time i got it up i had yelled and snapped at everyone including the cats.Still its all done and not even December.Now i can enjoy Christmas UNTIL i have to take it all down !
Every year i put little santa hats on my vintage tin pram full of Kewpies.Im sure its the highlight of a boring year for them ! I adore cupies Kewpies however you spell it i do !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

..........Ho Ho Ho.... I so Love Christmas too!!
Happy Holidays!
Love,
Marilyn

Amanda said...

I've just bought all my stuff down from the loft, it fills the conservatory. I do three trees so I know how you feel, its all those ideas running around in your head, then you actually have to do them....

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Jules....LOL!!! That is my usual state of existance pre-holiday. (can't this year due to pending surgery--yes! release!)
I have a house with 8' ceilings and have a 9' tree.....yep, cut the top out with bolt cutters so it would be big enough to hold the 500+ ornaments. Then there is the bannister, the tree downstairs, the kitchen, blah, blah, blah.
Then the breakdown.
I understand completely. Far too well!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

P.S. And I love it when it's done, but I am unfit to be around during the *process*.....

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Yes I hear ya!
Decorating is very much a Love Hate relationship is'nt it?

I think your tree looks great I love those big full trees...
Our kids Load ours every year...It would'nt matter what is under the deccies and tinsel! Lol!

vivian said...

uh oh.. you mean its not normal to have more then one tree? Im in the middle of decorating right now.. but son left and my puters broke, so I snuck up to use his! love your decorating!
have a great week!
hugs
vivian

Kathy said...

Christmassy and wonderful!