I was always a dreamer,always a crafter.always a poet.The poems often came to me as songs or in dreams and remembering them i would scribble them down after i awoke. There is a saying
"The soul would have no rainbow if the eye had no tears"
Its very true and life cannot be good or bad but must be both.
I also read that 10 per cent of what happens to us we have no control over but the other 90 per cent is our reaction to that.Its probably true as how many times do we react badly to something and our day turns to hell. I was almost 7 and dreamed for several years of being Margot fonteyn as i did my saturday ballet classes.I lived breathed and ate ballet.Then just before my very first concert i was diagnosed with Leg calve Perthes disease of my right hip and my ballet dream was over.I spent my 7th birthday in hospital and i spent a few months in hospital; later on.The hip joint just disintergrates and they dont know why.So i was in traction and then i was on crutches and wore callipers.I hated the boots i had to wear and longed for pretty shoes,I went to Nepean crippled childrens school ,(thats right it was called a crippled childrens school and no one complained no one was insulted or thought it politically incorrect .we knew we were crippled)Several children died during my few years there including Dino my first boyfriend.Even then i knew i would get better but they had their afflictions for life !My time there was mainly a happy one,we were treated with love and care.
My parents love of me was never in doubt and whats better my siblings were often jealous cause i was Special lol.My whole point but is that i wonder who i would have become without those days.I used to look longingly at all the other children in our street playing British Bulldog and hop skip and jump,statues and please mR crocodile can i cross your golden river.So instead i had my imagination where i made up my poems or made dollhouses out of cardboard boxes and puppets out of egg cartons. It gave me a playworld and it gave me a creative spirit.Thats why i think that sometimes we forget the good that comes out of the bad we go through.You see for the most part those days were happy filled with doing and making and planning about doing and making.Yes craft has seen me through some tough times.then and now and i am forever grateful. Had i been a child today and had that same experience mayhap id be a computer whizz instead of a mad and whimsical crafter.Who knows ...What i am saying is that each of us is a product of all that has been and all that we dream to be.Me i am a fat middle aged lady with a quick wit a quicker smile and at heart i am a faerie who dares to dream all that never was...Who my friends are you ?